My Electric Quilt 7 Classes:
Online Webinars and Hands-On Courses
From the comfort of your home!
Please go to the Webinar Registration page to sign up for a specific session. Thanks!
Let me know what your EQ7 needs are, using the Contact Form:
These are the main reasons to use EQ7:
- YOU can design your own quilts and block patterns.
- The program allows you to “Audition” your own fabric stash, embroidery designs, and quilting designs on YOUR quilt, before you make it – avoid overpowering a design, and use the correct fabric or details.
- Print patterns for foundation piecing, templates and rotary cutting charts.
- EQ7 prints the yardage required for the entire quilt, for each fabric you will use!
- There is NO math involved!
- How many more can reasons can you think of?
Thank you for your interest in my EQ7 courses!
— Al Navas, EQ7 Instructor
Note: My courses are different from those offered at EQ University (EQU). I believe they compliment the EQU’s courses nicely:
- I will conduct courses in a live and recorded webinar – participants can watch the video as many times as they wish in a 30-day period.
- The EQU courses are typically offered as a PDF document, with some including short videos. Please visit the EQ University page at The Electric Quilt Company’s Classes.
I will offer EQ7 courses, as follows:
- Tour of EQ7 – Electric Quilt 7: 30 minutes. FREE!
- EQ7 for Beginners – Introduction to EQ7: 2 hours. NO ownership or prior use of EQ7 required. This is the perfect way to determine if you wish to buy EQ7! Note: I do not sell EQ7.
- EQ7 Basics: 4 hours. Requirement: EQ7 for Beginners level knowledge; must own your own version of the program, or arrive early and I will install a fully-working EQ7 Demo good for up to 2 weeks. This course is perfect for users who bought EQ7 as a result of their intro in Boot Camp and wish to take quilt and block creation to the next level. This is also an excellent alternative for users who have EQ6 and are considering upgrading to EQ7.
- EQ7 Intermediate: 5-6 hours. Requirement: Solid knowledge of EQ7, including the menu system, Libraries, and setting blocks in a quilt. Will focus on block and quilt analysis, and will concentrate on advanced block and quilt design.
- EQ7 Advanced: To be announced.
- EQ7 Special Topics: As requested.
When a course session is announced, it will be in PDF format. It will contain all the details you will need to decide if it is for you.
- I will be conducting workshops in person, and also online webinars.
- The fee for the sessions will be reasonable; this means they the sessions will be affordable to everyone!
- In-person workshops: Several quilting shops will be making arrangements for the in-person courses, and will announce via their websites and/or Newsletters.
- The online webinars will be held live, and they will be recorded.
- Questions during live webinars: I will make sure each session will include ample time to address your questions, and to also give you suitable answers.
- Every online webinar session will be recorded; once I download and edit the videos to add titles and sections, all attendees to each specific session will have access to the recordings for a period of 30 days following their session. I will use your email information to notify you when the video is available.
- If needed by a participant, paid one-on-one coaching will be available. My fees will be very reasonable, as I want to make sure YOU get the information you need, when YOU need it.
NOTE 2: Participants in the online courses must have their own version of EQ7 installed. Exceptions: The Free Tour, and the Beginners course.
The BEST part about my online webinars.
- NO travel.
- NO time away from home.
- NO airport security lines or screening.
- NO hotel costs.
- NO overhead for meeting rooms.
- NO overhead for projector rentals.
- NO expensive restaurants.
- You can participate from your home or office.
- I will download the video for the session, will edit it to include titles and sections, and will upload it to a secure video hosting website, where I will share it with the session participants.
- I will notify you when the video is available for viewing; as part of your webinar attendance fee, you will be able to view the recordings an unlimited number of times for 30 days from the day I post it.
- ALTERNATIVE 1: Use your own, installed version of EQ7.
- ALTERNATIVE 2: Arrive at the session early, and I will install a limited-use-time, Demo version of EQ7 provided by The Electric Quilt Company. Good for up to 2 weeks!
- ALTERNATIVE 3: For classes in a computer lab, I will provide a copy of the program with a limited time, Demo license to install on the computers in the lab.
- For class attendance that spans more than one session over multiple days, the limited-time Demo version of EQ7 will last for the duration, as long as the classes or sessions are held on continuous days. Then you can use for the remainder of the 2-week Demo life.
NOTE 5: Office Hours! I will publish on the blog when I will be available for live Office Hours, to address questions you might have about my EQ7 courses. Right now I plan on holding these for about one hour, one day per week.
This is an opportunity to participate in a unique, one-of-a-kind training initiative on Electric Quilt 7.